4153407393Gaza / PNN – The death toll from Saturday’s massive bombing of the Gaza Strip has reached 290 people as of 8:00 pm Sunday and counting. The injured now number 900. Israeli F16s continue to swoop overhead, and residents are without adequate food, water or electricity as the sun sets.

Israeli forces brought in tanks to surround the boundary lines of the occupied Gaza Strip late last night, while continuing the aerial bombardment. The number killed from Saturday’s attacks make it the deadliest day in Gaza’s history.

Another attack on Rafah is reported while medical sources one person was killed and six others were injured shortly when an Israeli warplane bombed a Palestinian riding a motorbike in the town of Jabaliya in the northern Gaza Strip.

In that context, the sources said a Palestinian farmer was killed and another wounded in a similar bombing in the agricultural land east of the town of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.

An Israeli military official said that by yesterday afternoon they had “dropped 100 tons of bombs.” The Israeli administration said today that this is the “first phase of a large-scale offensive.” Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said the purpose is “landing a severe blow to Hamas.” He referred to the elected Palestinian government as “terrorists” and invoked supporter George W Bush by saying, “The war against terrorism is a long war.” Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni said, “So far we have demonstrated restraint.

The United Nations Security Council met last night to discuss how to stop the Israeli administration which is being condemned from all quarters except the United States. US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice offered full support for the massacre by blaming conditions on the elected Hamas party. Both the US and Israel have attempted to highlight the issue of projectile launches as the reason for the Israeli attacks, however as Amjad Al Shawa of Gaza City’s Palestinian Network of NGOs said yesterday, “These are very primitive weapons that do little to nothing.”

The 15-member Security Council, described by the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights as “a political body, not a humanitarian one,” issued a statement drafted by Russia. It is calling for a cessation of Israeli military operations in Gaza, in addition to projectile launches, which are being described as “rocket attacks” by some. Comparisons between an occupied population’s weapons of resistance and the fourth largest military in the world are hard to sell, but the Israeli administration is trying to. When asked about a “cease-fire,” Barak told Fox News in Tel Aviv that asking for a “cease-fire with Hamas is like asking you for a cease-fire with Al  Qaeda. It’s something that we cannot really accept.”

Now, have a look on the following interview with the former Israeli Ambassador to the UN, Danny Gillerman. What a shame!!! Killing hundreds of innocent peoples in Gaza and naming their response as “Terrorism”.

<< “Some” 290 innocent people!!!

“Israel has done, is doing and I assure you will continue doing” >>

I want you watch my favorite interview with the Iranian President Ahmadinejad.